The Enemy



ESL Group Story Writing Class September 19 2010


I was preparing to go to sleep early because the next day I'd have to play the final of the city football cup. The phone rang. It was a sexy female voice. "I'm Christine" - she said - "I saw your profile on a dating site and I liked it. Let's go out tonight."

It was a very nice offer, but I was afraid to lose my chance to be one of the main players on my team.
The coach depended on me and I considered my decision to play this game as a challenge to prove my skills. "OK," I thought, "Just one night with this female won't matter so I decided to stay out all night with her. But maybe something had happened to her because when I arrived at that place, no one was there.

I was thinking that I may have made a mistake about the place when the cell phone rang. "Muahaha" -the sweet lady said- "I am Christine, your enemy. I am the coach’s daughter of the enemy team." "And now you are lost because I changed the schedules for the game tomorrow. It will start even earlier, muahaha," Christine said. I was mad.

Even though I was angry, I answered Christine in a calm voice. I didn't want to let on that I wanted to explode, to that wicked woman! "OK, thank you Christine. You're doing me a favor because I'm about to sign a contract with your team," I told her. That, of course, was a lie, but I wanted to throw her off guard.
"I don't really think so," - she answered- "If it were true, I would know about it. Anyway, you’d better hang up and start walking home." And she hung up.

I looked around. No one was around. My taxi had left, so I started to walk home. A car sped by, a paparazzi took a picture of me and drove away.

It was a risk to leave my house tonight and to go to meet Christine. I blamed myself for deciding to meet her at this critical time. I thought that it may drive me to lose my concentration during tomorrow's game.
I decided to forget it for tonight and went to bed to be ready for the game tomorrow.



When I was at home, the phone rang again. And I thought, "Who cares about that?" So I ignored the phone and went to sleep.

I was walking on a large boat. I had to make a choice: revenge or forgiveness. As I was walking, a woman took out a knife and pressed it against my neck. I screamed. I woke up in my bed feeling tired. I looked at the clock. It was 4:50 A.M , almost an hour to show time. I was a little angry with that girl but I decided to do something to show her that she was not going to beat me.

I got out of bed and jumped into the shower. The cold water and minty aroma of the soap washed all the drowsiness away. I was completely alert and my mind was clear. I felt mentally and physically prepared for the game. After I got dressed, I grabbed my car keys from off the table and opened my front door. To my surprise, a beautiful woman was standing in my doorway, blocking my exit. "I'm Christine," she said in a sultry voice.

“Hello Christine. Let's go inside for a cup of coffee. I will not be late for the game, so you only have 10 minutes to tell me what you want to tell me,” I said. She told me she was really sorry she had been mean to me last night. She wished me a great game and told me we could go out after the game. She was indeed the coach’s daughter but she had followed all my games and was in love with me.

Christine supported me and helped me to improve my level. Now, I have a place on my team, I feel stable in all my actions and reactions. “Thank you Christine,” I thought.

OK now I think I can trust her and I can talk about anything to her, but maybe I'm wrong because I could lose everything in this game. And after the game I got a message that said" Do you know what 'weakness' is?"

"Yes,” I answered Christine by text message. "Well, I have a weakness for a new car." So, I bought a new car for her. It was a small and nice yellow car. She started to use her car to go everywhere; even if she needed to go just 2 blocks from home. I was a little scared the first time I heard her calling her car by her own name: “Christine.”

But I shoved that fear to the back of my mind because I was so in love with her and she seemed very happy with her little yellow car. And she showered me with attention and love, which helped me play well, during football season.

Then I woke up. It was just a dream. I was late as well and I went to the stadium without even having a cup of coffee. There I saw Christine for the first time. She was even more beautiful than in my dreams. I could not take my eyes or my mind off her for the entire match. I played horribly, we lost. The last time I saw Christine she was overjoyed for her father's team’s victory. She was kissing the scorer and laughing at me.


PARTICIPANTS:
Alianaluz Rivera (T)
ashraf Aulder (CR)
Giovanni Tweak
oo Broono
Simdo Aura

No comments: