Kung Fu Khi

ESL Group Story Writing Class February 14 2010

Three years ago, after his father died, Khi decided to take a vow of silence. At first, everyone thought that he would not be able to keep his vow because he loved to talk.

But after eight months of his continued silence, his friends began to realize that he was serious about his vow. They stopped trying to get him to talk.

He decided to begin a new challenge to improve his spiritual development. He learned more about himself in those short years than he did the rest of his life. He was in touch with his own feelings and his soul.

Everyone knew him as Khi, but now he has the nickname of “Silent Khi.” The acceptance of that vow provoked in him a deep consciousness and led to a perfect knowledge of Kung Fu. In a few short years he became one of the most well-known Kung Fu warriors ever.

He wanted to move from his house to a new place. He thought that a new place could bring him inspiration.

Khi had a very independent and liberal spirit. He decided to buy a new house on the east coast of the US, near to the beach. He decided to get in touch with the natural beauty of that place.

When he got to his new place he decided to talk, but he could no longer talk!

Khi is my son's friend. His father was dreaming of a wonderful future for him but destiny didn't give him the chance to see his son as he wished. I didn’t like to see him confused about his future.

Playing Kung Fu couldn't help him to find the right way. Changing the place where he grew up with his father was another sign of his confusion, I thought. I decided to take charge of him and his future.

So, I went to his house one evening.  He had just returned from his Kung Fu practice so he still had on his martial arts uniform. "Hello Khi, remember me?" I said. He looked at me and nodded "yes." 

I then asked him if he remembered how close his father and I were. Again, he nodded in the affirmative. I reminded him of the promise that he had made to his father.

He heard everything that...however, he didn't answer anything. He just wanted to make a positive or negative gesture with his face. He wrote to me on a piece of paper. He said that he wished to remain alone.

I refused to go, this might have taken me all night long but I wouldn't go away without a promise. I wanted him to reconsider his job and give up Kung Fu. His father wouldn't have let him be a fighter for a living.

He didn't know what to do. He became melancholy as he recalled his past. He thought a long time but he did not find any solution. After that, he went to bed.

The next day, I asked my son about Khi, and how he was doing. My son told me that Khi started to talk to his friends, take care of himself, and look for work. “I have to change my mind about my father's death it is not the end of life,” Khi told my son. It was a good sign; it showed that Khi started to know the right way.

Meanwhile, back at Khi's house, there was a knock at the door. Khi had just finished showering and was prancing around singing at the top of his lungs.  The burden of feeling bad about his father's death had been lifted. -not only because he had begun to speak again, but also because practicing Kung Fu helped him to release all that pent-up energy and sadness.

So, he decided to continue practicing Kung Fu, though he did not tell this to his father's friend. He was very satisfied with his decision. He would honor his father's wishes by talking again and practicing engaging in martial arts as a hobby, but not as a profession.

He was in a good mood and thinking about all of this when he went to answer the door. He opened the door and to his surprise...

He found three pets: a dog and two cats standing in the doorway. They saw the happiness reflected in his eyes. They became his best friends.

Thus he became “Khi the Pet Keeper.” The difference in him was that he'd found a completely different way of living his life.

Alianaluz Rivera (T)
abdulmajeed Vemo
Airam Vaher
ashraf Aulder (CR)
EagleEye Scorfield
oo Broono

No comments: