Alien-ation

ESL Group Story Writing January 31 2010

He was so different from us all. Some group of explorers caught him on a planet far away from ours. He was sold as an attraction and it always caused everyone to grin at his odd shape: he only had two arms and two legs and his skin was too pale and pink.

The look of hopelessness in his eyes, as he looked at everything all around him, revealed his fear.

I read about this creature in the newspaper and when the circus came to town I decided to go with my wife and children. It was really strange, -so different from us, -only four tentacles and no feathers…

I moved a little closer to the cage. The creature backed away from me in response. I sent it a greeting telepathically but it seemed closed to telepathy so I tooted, as all respectable ZXers do. The creature's toot was strange. It tooted something like "lehtemeeoutofhere" but I didn't understand what it meant.

There was an identification sign on the cage: it contained a little information about him: Galaxy: Solar System; Planet: NJ9837 Earth; Race: Human. I wondered what kind of weird inhabitants could be on that planet and how primitive they could be.

I thought he might be hungry so I looked for a way to start some relationship with him. They were selling some toasted furksz outside, I thought it might like them. I don't know what he eats but I will divide my food and give him half of it. I thought that we could have a good beginning if I offered him half of my food.

We tried to offer him some of our food. The creature sniffed and tasted it. We could tell it was hungry, but when he tried to eat our food it spit it out.  The children were making faces at it; the creature moved to the back of the cage and turned away from us. The children started to throw food and pebbles at it, laughing.

I scolded the children and told them to stop being cruel to the creature. The creature seemed to understand that I was defending it in some way. It turned towards me but remained in the corner. Liquid was coming out of its eyes and rolling down its face.

As I was trying to understand what chemical reaction might have produced that water, a hatch opened on the floor of the cage and a plate came out of it. There was a cylindrical brown object filled with some sort of nutrient because he grabbed it and squeezed it with his ten fingers then he ate it.

I decided to go to visit some other attraction rather than see the creature eating that disgusting thing. I want to do something to free him, not just give him food. So I thought of some things that I saw in a movie and I got an idea from them. I thought that I will become a hero.

I decided to go to visit some other attraction rather than see the creature eating that disgusting thing. I want to do something to free him, not just give him food. So I thought of some things that I saw in a movie and I got an idea from them. I thought that I will become a hero.

I went home to look for some weapons and to leave the children. When I came back I the cage was empty and my wife was nowhere to be seen. I went around the tents looking for them. I heard a noise in the distance and I tried to go there in the dark.

The creature was tooting and moving its lower tentacles in a very strange but rhythmic way. My wife was mimicking the creature's movements. I couldn't understand his words thought they sounded to have some form of rhythm in them while he was modulating his voice in a very harmonic way. I assumed that the creature communicates through body language and not through telepathy the way we Zxers communicate.

I couldn't understand what was going on. Maybe they had found a way to communicate, or maybe the creature was keeping my wife hostage. I aimed my gun at the creature and I (telepathically) told my wife to move away. To this day I am not sure what happened next.

I think my wife told me not to shoot. Then they both jumped at me and hit me on the head so I passed out. Weeks later I received a postcard from a horrible place, with white sand, blue water and palm trees. She wrote she hoped I was fine and to take good care of the children, and not to worry about her. That was the last I heard from both of them.

The End


Alianaluz Rivera (T)

EagleEyes Scorfield
Giovanni Tweak (CR)
OO Broono

No comments: