EGG-xactly

ESL Group Story Writing Class December 12, 2010
                   
                                                  
I always wanted to have a pet for myself --especially a cocktail parrot-- because I think they are smart animals, for a bird. One day when I was walking down the street, I saw a white cocktail parrot in the pet shop window.

But when I saw the price, I thought, "Wow, it's so expensive!" So I thought that maybe I could buy two eggs and watch them be born.

As I was walking away with the two eggs I heard a noise. I turned back and I saw the cocktail parrot thumping against the glass, like he wanted to call me back. So I went back to the store. The owner of the store opened the door. “Welcome back" He said.

I walked up to the parrot's cage and before I could do or say anything, the parrot said, "And where did you think you were going with my babies?" I wasn't shocked to hear the parrot talk, because I knew parrots could talk, but I was surprised at what the parrot had said.  I answered, "I just wanted to take them home with me to watch them hatch."  The bird started to cry so I went to the owner.

So I asked the seller how much the bird was. He said, "Hey man, if you want to buy it, I can give him to you for free. But are you sure you want him?

Yes I want him," I said, but in my mind I thought "OO don't buy him, you will become poor!" But I couldn't control my mouth, so I really needed to work hard...

As I was walking home with the bird, in a cage covered by a black cloth --which was sold to me by the pet store owner, and not at a discount price-- I asked myself why I had such a negative thought in my mind, After all, I was just  taking the "mother" of the eggs home with me to my family of six brothers.

But I couldn't figure out why I kept thinking that it was a bad idea to take these eggs to my home.  I pushed the worrisome thoughts out of my head and continued on my way home.



One day, I woke up early and sat at the kitchen table to have my breakfast. My mom served me a crepe and I ate it. It was delicious. I asked my mom how she made such a delicious crepe and she said that she made it with the eggs that I gave her last night. I was shocked but it was too late.

I had already eaten the eggs. I ran to the parrot's cage and looked at him. He was so sad. He stared at my face sadly and said some numbers: "418, 12, 20, 40.

That thing left me feeling so sad. I never thought that such a bad thing could happen. But I thought, the bird is alive, maybe I can do something for the bird
.
So I went to play the lottery. I wanted to play the numbers he had left me but when I went to the lotto concession stand they told me there was no 418. The highest number was 20.  So I played the numbers 12 and 20 and I left the lotto place.

As I was walking back to my house, a bus stopped directly in front of me. The number on the bus was "418" so on an impulse, I got on the bus. I was daydreaming, so I didn't pay attention to where the bus was going but suddenly, the bus jerked to a stop and that snapped me out of my daydream.

I looked up and saw that the bus had stopped in front of the pet store.  The number over the pet store door was 418! There were two large parrot eggs in the window with a sign above them that said, ""Two for one special: 12 dollars for the pair."

I wondered if the eggs in the window had already been fertilized.  I wondered of there were fetuses inside.  I didn't know one way or the other, so I was scared to take them home, because I didn't want my bird to be sad again.

I went back home with the eggs and I told the parrot: "I have two other eggs. To level with you, I'm not even sure if their zygote state has stated or not. I know they're not yours, but why don't you give it a try?”

My parrot looked at my face sadly but he was looking better than yesterday. I sat down on the sofa and started to wait for the lottery on the TV. I was pretty sure I would be the winner that week.

The TV announcer started to say the winning numbers: 12, 20, 40.  OMG, yes, I was the winner. I was rich now. I had won 200.000 euros from the lottery.

The next day, I took my money out of the bank and I ran to the travel agency to book a bug world tour. I took my parrot and eggs and got onto the ship. We were so happy together and I noticed one more thing: my room number was 418.

PARTICIPANTS:
Alianaluz Rivera (T)
ejje Xaris (CR)
Giovanni Tweak
oo Broono

No comments: