Fade to Black

ESL Group Story Writing Class September 5, 2010

                                                                       
I was sitting at a table in the corner of a cafe when an old man burst into the restaurant.  His face was as white as a ghost and he was almost out of breath.
     
"The end of the world is coming, THE END OF THE WORLD IS COMING" he was shouting. The manager looked annoyed. "Wasn't it supposed to end yesterday?"  "This time it's for real" said the old man.  A white burst of light and energy exploded in the bar.

Suddenly I noticed that old man had blood on his hands. The manager noticed it too, and he started to look white too.

“I'm afraid I don't know what to do.  Should I call 911 or continue to watch what's happening?” I thought to myself.

All the people from the restaurant went out into the street.  There were a lot of people in the street and they were all going off somewhere. The city was covered with a black cloud of smoke.

I also left the restaurant and ran into the street. I could hardly see because the black smoke was so thick. All of a sudden, I felt someone (or something) tapping me lightly on the shoulder.  I turned around to see who or what it was and I gasped.







It was the old man, laughing.  "Come with me Jimbo, help me find the treasure in the bar." "I'm not Jimbo," I answered him, but he wasn't listening and started to pull me back to the bar.

I felt scared. I didn´t know what to do. I tried to leave him but it was impossible. That old man was as strong as a 20 years old man. Then, the old man just stopped. It was as if he were seeing a phantom. But there was no phantom there, just a little girl in front of us.

I thought I should talk to the girl to tell her that I needed help but I was wrong. The girl and the old man were working together and the girl kissed me and said, "Happy birthday."

I don't have a birthday today but it was nice that you were thinking about me. My birthday is next week.

I thought to myself, “I need to get rid of the old man. All the people are screaming "It's the end of the world” and this old man makes me go back to the restaurant to look for gold? He must be mad!”

The little girl and the old man looked at each other in a strange way. It was as if they were reading each other's mind.  Then the little girl handed me a glass of liquid that was on the counter.  "Drink this. It will make everything clear to you," she said.

  It tasted like brandy, it was good. But soon my head started to spin and I couldn't help but follow the old man and the girl back into the bar where I saw...

a lot of cameras and a big sign saying "filming in progress" and I remembered I was doing my best on my first day as an actor in that movie called "Zombies: The Day Before Destruction."  “Wow,” I though,  “I really did my best today.”

The End


PARTICIPANTS:
Alianaluz Rivera (T)
Freezy Rewell
Giovanni Tweak (CR)
Jun Ubert
MOSKAU Edenbaum
oo Broono
Simdo Aura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This article makes me smile