Special Delivery

 Story writing class: Sunday at 7am PDT
At the end you can read the story before corrections.

The pizza boy looked very young, no older than sixteen.
He handed me the pizza, I gave him the money, but he didn't leave.
He said: "Please taste it and let me know what you think."

I looked at the boy, assessed if he were joking or not. Judging from the expression on his face, he was not. I took a slice of pizza and tasted it. The chewy mozzarella cheese melted in my mouth as I chewed the piece on, the spicy pepperoni stung my taste buds.

At first, it seemed the best pizza I had ever tasted. But as I kept on chewing, I realized something was wrong. The pizza boy stared at me as if he was waiting for something.

I felt a piece of paper in my mouth and I pulled it out. He was getting mad at the pizza boy, but he said, "Read the piece of paper!" I answered, "What? Is it a fortune cookie? What was written was, "You will be a rich guy".

I read again what was written on the paper. I couldn't believe my eyes "You will be a rich guy." The pizza boy was smiling at me, he was saying the words that were written on the paper and added, "You are the lucky costumer of the month, you can claim your prize at the office tomorrow morning at 8 am. However, if you are late, the prize will be forfeited."

I thanked the pizza boy and gave him a generous tip. "Well, I have nothing to lose" I said to myself. Everything was so unreal that I was not able to eat any more pizza. I wanted to phone some friends or family, but suddenly I remembered the news on the newspaper: "Rich man murdered". Now, I was the rich man and I didn't want anybody to know my secret. "Wait a second", I thought.

I decided to take a chance. I woke up in the morning, went to the office to took the gift. The receptionist was there and she asked, "What can I help you with, sir?"
I answered, "I came to take the prize that your company offered."
She said, "Just a second, sir."
Apparently, she seemed to know that I would have come.
She said, "Here, sir. Please sign the paper".
I signed it. I got a little box. When I opened it, I saw a little pill. I thought about it for 2 days, until I decided to take it.

I saw a small piece of paper in the box, there were instructions on how to use it. I read it carefully and followed the instructions. I swallowed the pill, closed my eyes and waited for few seconds before drinking one glass of water, as written in the instructions.

I was scared. That place seemed to be illegal, but I was so excited about becoming rich, that I got all the strength needed to take that colorful pill. At least, its taste was sweet. My body felt as usual, no new sensations at all. Perhaps, it all had been a prank. I had never been lucky in my life, so why would this time be different? I just wanted to go to bed and forget about all this waste of time and hope.


ai12in Resident (CR)
Jan71 Resident
uglyloser Resident

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
before corrections

The pizza boy looked very young, no older than sixteen.
He handed me the pizza, I gave him the money, but he didn't leave.
He said: "Please taste it and let me know what you think."

He looked at the boy, assessed him if he is joking or not, judging from the expression on the face of the boy, he was not. He took a piece of pizza and tasted it, the taste of the gummy mozzarella cheese, melted in his mouth as he chew the piece on, the spicy pepperoni stung his taste buds.

At first, it seemed the best pizza he ever tasted. But as he kept on chewing, he realized something was going wrong. The pizza boy stared at him as if he was waiting for something.

He felt like a paper in his mouth and he pulled out the paper. He wanted to mad at the pizza boy, but the pizza boy said, "open the paper!" He answer, What? Was it a fortune cookies? When he opened it, "You will be a rich guy".

I read again what was written on the paper. I can't believe my eyes "You will be a rich guy." The pizza boy was smiling at me, he was saying the words what was written on the paper and added "You are the lucky costumer of the month, you can claim your prize at the office tomorrow morning 8 am, however if you will late the prize will be forfeited.

I thanked the pizza boy and gave him a generous tip. "Well, I have nothing to loose" I said to myself. Everything was so unreal that I was not able to eat more pizza. I wanted to phone some friends or family, but suddenly I remembered the news on the paper: "Rich man murdered". Now, I was the rich man and I didn't want nobody to know my secret. "Wait a second", I thought.

Hmm.. I decided to take a chance. I wake up in the morning and go to the office to take the gift. The receptionist was there and she asked, "What can I help, sir?" I answered, I came to take the prized that your company offered. She said, "Just a second, sir?" Apparently, she seemed know that I will come. She said, "Here, sir.. Please sign the paper". I signed it. I got a little box. When I open it, I see a little pill. I was thinking for 2 days until I decided to ate it.

I saw a small paper in the box of the pill, there was an instructions on how to use it. I read it carefully and follow the instructions. I swallow the pill closed my eyes and waited for few seconds to drink one glass of water as written on the instructions.

I was scared. That place seemed to be out of law, but I was so excited about becoming rich, that I got all the strength needed to take that colorful pill. At least, its taste was sweet. My body felt as usual, no new sensations at all. Perhaps, it all had been a prank. Never in my life had I been lucky, so why would this time be different? I just wanted to go to bed and forget about all that waste of time and illusions.

No comments: