The Fourth Dimension

                                   ESL Group Story Writing Class March 13, 2011

                                                    

It was a rainy, cold Saturday evening and I was in a bad mood. So what did I do? I went to the movies alone-bad idea!

I left my home and started to walk through to a DVD shop. When I arrived there, I asked the shop owner if he could recommend a film for me to watch.

He said that there was a new movie out, in 4-D. He gave me the disc and glasses. I asked him what was the fourth D, and he answered: "Find out for yourself.”

When I got home, I turned on the T.V. and began to watch it. I wondered why I saw lots fog around me. I felt like I wasn't just sitting there watching the movie. Maybe my chair moved. I got the feeling that I was in the movie. I saw a girl who looked like a sheep.

Seeing this weird fog and sheep-girl only put me in an even worse mood. So I grabbed the remote and tried to turn off the movie. But instead of going black, the screen began to glow and the fog thickened, turned blue, and began spewing out of the screen. The sheep-girl stepped out of the T.V. screen right into my room and headed straight for me.

I was shocked. I couldn’t decide what to do next. I stopped for a while and stared at the girl, carefully. She had a golden key in her mouth and it was shining.

I took the key out of her mouth, I put it into my right ear and turned. Nothing happened. I tried the left ear and I heard a click. The girl, the smoke disappeared. I went to sleep and the next day I went to the store to return the DVD.



When I got to the place where the DVD store was, I couldn't find the store again. And I didn't know why I felt unusual. I couldn't move any part of my body in the usual way and I saw other people and buildings become very big.  And when I looked at my arms and my body, I was astonished because I had become a puppet.

I tried to yell for help but I couldn't open my mouth. Just as I was about to panic, the sheep-girl reappeared. This time she had a silver key in her mouth.

Then I said to myself, “Don’t be silly. This is just a stupid dream. But I couldn’t keep myself from taking the key and trying it in my ear again.

This time, before turning the key I grabbed the foot of the sheep-girl. Then I turned the key. My head exploded; it was like I could see everything from outside my head. But I could not see me.

I just tried to find myself, since I couldn't find a movie that I loved. But far away I saw a child playing with a toy, when I got near him. I saw that the boy was me! It’s my childhood that I was watching. Maybe I was doing something wrong at that moment.

I continued to watch the images of what I now understood to be my past. Then I began to remember what happened on the day that I was playing with that toy. It had been the worst day of my life, but I had block out that day from my memory until this very moment!

I stopped for a while and thought. When I was a little kid I killed a frog. Could it be a kind of hallucination or maybe it was a kind of punishment for me.

Maybe it could, maybe it couldn't. But that was in the past, I could not do anything about it. I heard the presence of the sheep-girl, even if I couldn't see her. She put a key in my hand. It felt like a plastic key.

And then I was sleeping again. When I woke up, I saw I was in the water. I just thought: “Why?” And I saw myself again. This time I was in the water and at that time I was young.

Maybe lots of bad things happened to me in the past. I was scared many times but when I wanted to give up on life I saw the sheep-girl again and this time she said "When life is hard for you, it will make you stronger, you just need to trust in yourself.”

"Oh brother!" I thought, and went to rub my eyes. I still had on the 4-D glasses! I yanked them off of my face, and the fog, the sheep-girl, and all the weird thoughts disappeared immediately. That's when I realized that all this time, I had been watching a B-movie in 4-D.

The End



PARTICIPANTS:
Alianaluz Rivera (T)
ejje Xaris (CR)
oo Broono
Giovanni Tweak

No comments: