Naked Truth

ESL Group story Writing Class April 25, 2010

The other day, I bumped into an old friend at the mall. I was surprised to see him there because he had moved far away several years ago, under mysterious circumstances

"Hi, I'm so glad to meet you after such a long time. Do you remember me?” I told him when he was staring at me.

He didn’t seem to remember. I was disappointed.

I reminded my friend that we had studied together for three years at the university. You disappeared during the fourth year. I asked all our friends about you, but nobody knew what had happened to you.  "Where did you go? What happened?" I asked him.

I felt he was nervous, trying to hide something from me. And suddenly a little girl appeared behind him. She looked to be 5 or 6 years old.

The little girl grabbed his leg and rested her head against it. He looked down at her and smiled. "This is my daughter." "Oh," I said, and I bent down and faced her so that we were eye-to-eye. She seemed a bit timid and she stared back at me shyly. She had red hair like my friend, and huge beautiful brown eyes. "And what's your name?" I asked her. "Katie, and I'm 5 years old," she declared in a proud little voice.

When I asked her, I heard her father say, "Hi Alianaluz, would you like to have dinner with us? This girl is my adopted child.

"Sure! Lets go!" I replied. And we turned to cross the street. But suddenly, Katie ran in front of a car that was passing by very fast, and it hit the little girl. We were totally frozen, looking at the horrible scene. No words were spoken. Everything was silent for a couple of seconds. I felt as if each second were an eternity. Katie was lying in the middle of the road, dead.



The driver jumped out of the car and ran up to Katie. He had a small flask in his hand. It had what seemed to be a shimmering liquid inside.
He gently took Katie's lifeless body into his arms, removed the cork from the flask and slowly poured the liquid into the dead child's open mouth.

Immediately, the girl began to cough and shudder. She opened her eyes and sat up in the man's arms. She appeared perfectly well.

It was very difficult time for me. I felt like I was in a nightmare. I couldn't believe that all of this was happening to me. I was so glad to find the little beautiful girl moving again. After seeing the girl in good health, I preferred to go and leave my friend with his family, to recover from the accident. "Here's my phone number, I hope to hear from you," I told him while I was running to my house.

As I was running towards my home, I began to think about our past relationship. Suddenly, I remembered something about our relationship in the past. My friend had wanted to marry me but I was much older than him, so I rejected his proposal.

But did I make the right choice? I rejected him and now I'm married to Peter. I have some problems with him and our relation is not the one I expected, but that’s what I have. I kept on walking until I arrived home.

Home, sweet home.  "I'm home Peter!" I said. But no one replied. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and I heard some noise coming from our bedroom.

I had turned on the water and the sound of the splashing water was so loud that I couldn't quite make out the sound from the bedroom. I turned off the water, grabbed my toothbrush and held it out in front of me as if it were a knife. I was prepared to stab any intruder who might have somehow gotten into the house.

Slowly, I crept towards the bedroom. I quickly pushed the door open, ready to pounce. The bedroom was empty. Then I heard noises coming from the living room. I ran into the living room yelling a warning to whoever was making the noise. I ran straight into the middle of the room.

"Surprise!" yelled about twenty of my friends -including my long-lost friend and his daughter Katie. Then everyone gasped and Katie pointed to me and giggling said, "Oh, you're naked!"

Everything seemed to go black. Then I heard an alarm clock ringing faintly, somewhere off in the distance. I couldn’t see and I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. The ringing gradually became louder and louder until it seemed to fill the air. Suddenly, I bolted up out of my bed. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was in my bedroom alone. Early morning light was streaming through the window. My apartment was empty. My mouth felt dry and my stomach felt queasy. I thought to myself: “I knew I shouldn’t have eaten those anchovies last night.”

Alianaluz Rivera (T)
ashraf Aulder (CR)
Data Meridoc
oo Broono

No comments: