Meglio Comprare Oggetti Virtuali e Copiabili all'infinito che un Libro Raro

ESL Group Story Writing Class May 29, 2011

Several years ago, I placed an ad in a newspaper offering to buy a rare book. No one ever answered the ad, and after a while I forgot all about it.

After five months, I got a letter from someone who told me that he had a lot of amazing rare books.
He wrote: "we need to have a meet talking about the deal."

I was happy that someone was interested but he hadn't written his or her phone number or e-mail address and there was no return address. So I thought it was a joke.

The signature was also very strange. I showed it to a friend who told me: "It looks like an SL™ name.”

The book in question was: The Memories of Taras Schevchenko" (who is not related to the player, for those of you who are wondering).

He was a Ukrainian poet and I thought SL would be the best place to look for someone interested in a rare book.

I thought, "Why would someone send me such a detailed offer to buy a book, ask me to meet, but not provide a way for me to contact him or her?" I tossed the note into the fireplace. As it began to burn, puffs of smoke began to rise from the burning letter. The smoke took the form of a tiny man. It looked like a holograph!
 



The tiny man said: "I will give three wishes to the one who is interested in my book."

I logged into SL™ and posted a "rare book event" in search. I waited but no one arrived. The next day I wanted to post another event but it was not permitted, so I went to a club and started to dance.

Out of curiosity I went to the search menu and typed in the name that I remembered from the note. And bingo! It turned out that Procopius Nevandela was just a Second Life registered user. I couldn't miss this chance: I wrote him a note as he went offline.

"Well," I thought, "I might as well continue to enjoy myself in this club." Just then, an avatar with the name "Nevandela Resident" appeared before me.  It said, "Wanna dance?"  I couldn't tell what gender it was but I thought, "What the heck, this is SL, after all."  I clicked on Nevandela's profile and noticed that it was born today!.


Procop friended me and asked me if I knew how to make money in SL. I told him I didn't know but that if he would buy a rare book from me his three wishes would come true. He asked me how to buy Linden dollars and told me he would be right back. In the meantime we kept dancing.

In the meantime another avatar sent me an IM.   “Whatcha looking for huni?” But I decided to ignore her just when I saw money being transferred into my profile. It was 7900 SL dollars. I wondered what could push him to pay me in such a hurry.

Procop said, "OK, that's for the book. Now can I ask for my three wishes?"

I asked him where I should mail the book but he didn't answer and asked about the 3 wishes again.  I got up and went to the fireplace but the tiny man wasn’t there anymore. I told Procop so but he had gone offline. A minute later my bell rang and I went to answer the door.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Procopius. You must be Aliana." said this slender and rather young guy who was standing in front of me.

He was creepy and scared me a little, but after all I couldn't care less about that book. After all, I have money now, thanks to this guy-Plenty, plenty of money.
I'll go shopping now!

The End


PARTICIPANTS:
Alianaluz Rivera (T)
Giovanni Tweak (CR)
EagleEye Scorfield
nanarose Resident
Qualitybg Bailey

No comments: