Sasdaguea Monday

ESL Group Story Writing Class March 21, 2010

I was born in a cave at the foot of a mountain, not far from a small village near the ocean. The buzzing of unseen insects kept me company during the day and the flutter of bat wings lulled me to sleep at night.

I didn’t leave the cave for the first seven years of my life, but sometimes at night, I felt brave enough to crawl to the cave entrance, sit with my back to the cave, and gaze up at the stars and moon while I listened to the waves crash against the rocks at the nearby seashore.

On those nights I was always dreaming about my future and all the adventures I'd have had once I decided to go to Sasdaguea: the closest town. I knew there were big buildings and powerful machinery in them to make steel. I was fascinated at the thought of a change.

One day, I got up very early.  I decided to go to the city to see it for myself. I met a woman in the city, I liked her. But I did not know if I would be able to speak to her.

She was a charming woman with big lips, she was holding a child. The child was crying a lot, and she kept asking for help without paying any attention to her child.

I imagined that there were large animals close to the cave and said: “Oh Great Allah created them all. I wished to always live in this beautiful, natural area.

Going to town was my dream. The town was far from my place and there was no means of transportation from there to my place. The nearest bus station was 20 km from the cave. So I decided to go to the bus station on foot.

The other problem was money, "How could I get the money that I would need to take the bus?",  I told myself while I was thinking about a way to make my dream come true.

All of a sudden I realized that I had been daydreaming, looking at the beautiful lady from the city. I was already in the city. I don't recall how I got to the city. I was certain that I hadn't taken a bus, but somehow, I was there, standing in the midst of this beautiful little city by the sea. Actually, it was more like a village than a city.

I turned around while my brain was still blurred by some weird effect. There was a big coffee shop and a bunch of tourist hanging out at the tables outside. Then a man walked up to me very casually and gave me a CD envelope. I stood there, I didn't know what to do.

I opened the envelope. The message written inside read "You're welcome to attend our village's big fantasy party. Here you can achieve all your wishes.”

I was thinking of that weird invitation from this strange man. However I decided to go to this fantasy party to see what it was about, and maybe I could find my lady there.

Since childhood, I've loved nature and hated industrial cities because of pollution which destroys life and the environment.

Now, I'm in the city, my dream came true. But, "How could I live here, how could I find food?" I asked myself when I was standing in the coffee shop looking for something to eat. Today I discovered that life in such a city is completely different from my life in the cave. "I have to find work, without work it is too difficult to live," I told myself. The stranger's invitation was enough to keep me alive for a while, but not for long. The lady, the thought of work and the lonely feelings were the most important things for me now.

I realized that I wasn't thinking clearly. I glanced down at the envelope and the CD with the words of invitation on it. I turned the CD over to see if anything else was written on it. Nothing was there. "When and where would this fantasy party take place?," I thought.

I looked up and noticed a cyber-cafe across the street. "Duh," I thought to myself, "There must be more information on this CD!" I ran across the street, entered the cyber-cafe, went up to a computer, popped the CD in and waited for the prompt.

At that point I was pretty sure that I'd know much more once I accessed that CD. That's when the bouncer tapped on my shoulder with his finger and pointed to a sign hanging on the wall. It said: "Wake up EagleEye because you're late for your job, dummy!"  That's when the alarm went off. I opened one eye and I immediately recognized my bed and my bedroom.

It was Monday morning again: a worst nightmare than the previous one.

Participants
Alianaluz Rivera (T)
ashraf Aulder (CR)          
EagleEye Scorfield
Faresalfares Woodrunner
Nesreen Pedalo
oo Broono        

No comments: